Flower Care Instructions
Your flowers have been freshly treated and nurtured in the VineLily studio and now with a little care you can keep them looking fresh even longer by following a few steps.
- Most flowers will last longer under cool conditions. Keep fresh flowers away from drafts and extreme temperatures or windowsills, which can quickly dry out the flowers and cause wilting.
- If your flowers came in plastic, remove this as soon as possible, fill a vase with lukewarm water and add floral preservative.
- Cut stems at an angle, about one to two inches from the bottom, and place in the vase.
- Do not place your arrangement near fruit or in the path of cigarette smoke. The ethylene gas is detrimental to many flower types.
- Keep your vase filled with water and stems should be submerged so they will stay fresh and last longer.
- If the water becomes cloudy (usually after 2-3 days) it’s time to clean the vase AND change the water. Immediately remove dead or wilting stems and repeat the steps above.
If your flowers came in a basket or other container with foam (green clay like object), add fresh water every day as the foam will absorb the water and continue to feed your flowers. Lastly, if you would like, spray fresh water on flowers every other day.